Tuesday, July 2, 2019

FAREWELL TO PRESIDENT AND SISTER THOMPSON

(LR) President Thompson, Elder Mustapha, Sister Thompson seated 

Kip G. Thompson former president, South Africa Durban Mission. 

I moved down to the Southern hemisphere sometimes in 2017 to serve with President Kip G. Thompson (the then President of the South Africa Durban Mission) and his caring and loving wife - Sister Thompson. It seems like only yesterday. I was overcome with emotion when I left the mission, especially when he (President Thompson) saw me off at the King Shaka International Airport in Durban, earlier this year.

King Solomon made a profound statement in Ecclesiastes 3:1 "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven". Verse 2 states thus, "A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted", In verse 3, he goes on to say that there’s a time to be born and to die.

Those verses, especially verse 3 reminds me of a casual conversation between President Thompson. I said, calling him, President! I want to kill Elder Simayile. He laughed and replied saying, Elder Mustapha! You will be arrested. He knew what I meant, but we both were just being sarcastic. President Thompson was known for being humorous and heartening. Above all, very faithful and steadfast in the things of the Lord Jesus Christ.

The last admonishment I received from him left an indelible ink in my life. I learned a lot from this man. He taught and lived by examples. I arrived home looking so happy and ''fell in love'' with those moments I had with him in the South Africa Durban Mission.

All too soon I have to say goodbye once again to people who I truly love, honor, and respect, like President and Sister Thompson.

Time really flies so fast!

Well, I thank God for his life and for the opportunity to serve with him and his wife.  Both were a tremendous blessing to God’s children of whom I happened to be amongst.

THANKS PRESIDENT AND SISTER THOMPSON. You guys will always be remembered.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He was very kind and saw good in every one

PERSONAL STATEMENT

Ndemowoma Y. Mustapha  is a Sierra Leonean age 26, with availability for travel, knowledge of the Gospel, cultural sensitivity, excellent ...